CMC’s conference on The Future of Music in the Digital World on Friday 11 June 2010 proved to be a stimulating day which brought together all sectors of the music community in Ireland. It produced some very thought-provoking discussion and while more questions than answers were identified, all concerned felt that major issues had been aired.
The event took place as the centrepiece of the Annual Meeting of the International Association of Music Information Centres hosted by CMC, for which delegates from 26 countries are visiting Ireland.
- Article in the Irish Times from Jim Carroll on the conference and comments on the article from his blog
- Blog post from Andrew Dubber on his experiences at the conference.
- Video and slides of Gerd Leonhard’s presentation
- Reactions and coverage to the conference on Twitter
- Blog post from Aoife Flynn on the day
- A selection of photos on our Flickr page
Audio excerpts from the presentations
Audio reactions from the day
- Gerd Leonhard
- Scott McLaughlin, composer
- Stef Connix, Flanders Music Centre and IAMIC Secretariat
- Aoife Flynn, music programmer and arts consultant; Jim Carroll, journalist with the Irish Times