Events This Fortnight
Culture Night takes place on Friday, 21 September, with free performances taking place all around the country. CMC will host ‘Happening’ – Live at Our Place, a five-hour happening curated by Karen Power, with performances by The Quiet Music Ensemble and Kirkos Ensemble.
- Friday, 21 September, 5–10pm CMC
Other Culture Night highlights:
- St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, 6-8pm, Darragh Morgan (violin) and Mary Dullea (piano)
- Centre for Creative Practices, Pembroke Street, 8-9pm, Philip Lawson
- Tallaght Civic Theatre, Fishamble, CoisCéim Dance and Crash Ensemble
- Glor Irish Music Centre, 8pm, Dave Flynn & The Clare Memory Orchestra
Galway Music Residency begin their tenth anniversary tour with a concert in Castlebar featuring Brent Parker’s Exile for guitar and string quartet.
- Thursday, 20 September, John Feeley, guitar, ConTempo Quartet, Linenhall Arts Centre, Castlebar
Kaleidoscope celebrates the concert series’ 3rd birthday with a special event at The Sugar Club, featuring performances by the Ukeristic Congress, Francesco Turrisi, William Butt, and Linda Buckley’s Jump for cello and voice, performed by Kate Ellis and the composer.
- Thursday, 20 September from 7pm, The Sugar Club, Dublin
This month’s Irish Composers’ Collective concert features new works for SATB by David Bremner, Natasa Paterson, Bill McGrath, Donal Mac Erlaine, Kian Geiselbrechtinger, Patrick O’Connor and Marc Balbirne.
- Friday, 28 September, National Concert Hall, Dublin
The curator of CMC’s Culture Night ‘Happening’ – Live at Our Place event, Karen Power, talks about her plans for the event.
Northern Irish composer Ian White talks about his musical background and recent work.