A programme that sees dancer Colin Dunne join the Irish Chamber Orchestra under the directorship Katherine Hunka will include the premiere of a new work by Linda Buckley.
Buckley’s new work is called The Turn – Dance in your Blood, and is a commission by the ICO. In the piece, dancer Dunne – a past nominee for a UK Citics Circle National Dance Award for The Bull at the Barbican in London – will lead direct the orchestra using his feet.
The innovative programme will also see dances from Dvorak (Two Waltzes Op. 54, Nos 1 & 4) and his student Josef Suk (Serenade Op.6), and centres around Estonian composer Erkki-Sven Tüür’s Action – Passion – Illusion.
- 10 July, 8.15pm, St. Multose Church, Kinsale (Kinsale Arts Festival)
- 11 July, 8pm, Friars Gate Theatre, Kilmallock
- 12 July, 8pm, Church of the Immaculate Conception, Ballingarry
- 13 July, 8pm, Simon Ryan Theatre, Tipperary Exel, Tipperary
- 17 July, 8pm, Blasket Centre, Dunquin, Co Kerry
- 18 July, 8pm, Culturlann Sweeney , Kilkee
- 19 July, 8pm, Birr Theatre & Arts Centre, Oxmanton Mall, Birr
- 20 July, 8pm, Church of Ireland, Clifden
For more information, see www.irishchamberorchestra.com/tour/national-touring/