Events this Week
Gerald Barry’s 2009 work No Other People features in a programme performed by the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra at the BBC Proms
- 19 August, Royal Albert Hall, London
An event at Kilruddery House celebrates Wicklow in Song with Anne-Marie O’Farrell and Regina Nathan.
- 23 August, Kilruddery House, Bray, Co. Wicklow
The Experimental Film Club present a screening of Karen Power and Maximilian Le Cain’s Gorging Limpet
- 22 August, 8.30pm, IFI, Temple Bar, Dublin
The Irish Composers’ Collective present a concert of music for solo guitar, performed by John Feeley.
- 25 August, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
A screening of Der Golem will be accompanied by a live improvised score by 3epkano and Iarla Ó Lionáird.
- 22 August, 8pm, Christ Church, Dublin
Ian Wilson‘s Winter’s Edge will be performed by the Badke Quartet in Wales at the Presteigne Festival.
- 24 August, 7.30pm, St. Andrew’s Church, Presteigne.
The City of Derry Guitar Festival takes place with classical, flamenco and contemporary performances
- 22 – 25 August, Foyle Theatre, Strand Rd, Derry-Londonderry
The Irish Composers’ Collective have uploaded improvisations and performances from their recent Strings and Drones composer concert.