Culture Night is a nationwide initiative that sees arts organisations, venues and artists present free concerts, talks and events in order to promote and celebrate cultural activities in Ireland. Taking place in some 35 towns, the annual night always sees a great number of contemporary music events taking place across the country. Here are just a few:
- CMC present a showcase night of works by four Irish composers, curated by Karen Power, including music by Anna Murray, Marian Ingoldsby, Kerry Hagan and Rob Canning: 5 – 10pm, Contemporary Music Centre, Fishamble Street, Dublin
- An outdoor event presented by RTÉ Radio One’s Arena sees the RTÉ Concert Orchestra performing Fanfare for Culture, a newly-commissioned work for Culture Night by Stephen Gardner: 7 – 10pm, Meeting House Square, Temple Bar, Dublin.
- The National Chamber Choir of Ireland perform The White Concert 2, featuring Jennifer Walshe‘s recent work for the choir, The White Noisery, alongside music by Steve Martland: 7.30pm, RHA Gallery, Eli Place, Dublin 2. More
- Composer Dylan Rynhart collaborates with artist Jo Cummins for an exhibition and installation, featuring new music commissioned by the Centre for Creative Practices: 5-11pm, CFCP, Pembroke St, Dublin. More
- Music Network present the Chatham Saxophone Quartet, playing music by Graham Fitkin, Ian Wilson, Philip Glass and JacobTV: 9pm, The Coach House, Dublin Castle. More
For more Culture Night events, see www.culturenight.ie