Events This Week
Raymond Deane’s new opera The Alma Fetish will be premiered in a concert performance by Wide Open Opera.
- 17 Sept, 8pm, National Concert Hall, Dublin
ConTempo Quartet perform Jane O’Leary‘s Mystic Play of Shadows in Galway.
- 18 Sept, 1pm, NUI Galway Library, Galway
- 19 Sept, 1pm, Clifden LIbrary, Clifden
The Irish Composers’ Collective present a workshop on composing for choir with New Dublin Voices, as part of their upcoming Voicings collaboration.
- 18 Sept, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall, Dublin
The Dublin Guitar Quartet continue their album launch tour, with music by Dave Flynn alongside Philip Glass, Steve Reich and others.
- 19 September, Riverbank Theatre, Newbridge
- 20 September, Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray
- 12 September, Nenagh Arts Centre
- 22 September, Spiritstore, Dundalk
Culture Night takes place across the country, with free art, music and heritage events and concerts.
- CMC present a showcase night of works by four Irish composers, curated by Karen Power, including music by Anna Murray, Marian Ingoldsby, Kerry Hagan and Rob Canning: 5 – 10pm, Contemporary Music Centre, Fishamble Street, Dublin
- An outdoor event presented by RTÉ Radio One’s Arena sees the RTÉ Concert Orchestra performing Fanfare for Culture, a newly-commissioned work for Culture Night by Stephen Gardner: 7 – 10pm, Meeting House Square, Temple Bar, Dublin.
- The National Chamber Choir of Ireland perform The White Concert 2, featuring Jennifer Walshe‘s recent work for the choir, The White Noisery, alongside music by Steve Martland: 7.30pm, RHA Gallery, Eli Place, Dublin 2. More
- Composer Dylan Rynhart collaborates with artist Jo Cummins for an exhibition and installation, featuring new music commissioned by the Centre for Creative Practices: 5-11pm, CFCP, Pembroke St, Dublin. More
- Music Network present the Chatham Saxophone Quartet, playing music by Graham Fitkin, Ian Wilson, Philip Glass and JacobTV: 9pm, The Coach House, Dublin Castle. More
- Crash Ensemble mark Raymond Deane’s career of 20 years in 40 minutes with the Music Composition Centre at Trinity College Dublin.
- Louth Contemporary Music Society present a performance Georg Friedrich Haas’ iij Noct; St. Nicholas Church, Church Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth. More
- RESOUND, a collaboration with Kate Ellis, Linda Buckley, Laura Sheeran, Francesco Turrisi and Adrian Hart perform original music with live drawings and poetry; The Model, Sligo. More
- 21 Sept, 8pm, Metropolitan Arts Centre, Beflast, Dublin
Pianist Hugh Tinney premieres the complete set of Raymond Deane’s collection of piano works, Noctuary.
- 22 Sept, 12pm, Dublin City Gallery, Hugh Lane, Dublin
The Mill Miscellanea is a performance of new classical/contemporary music and spoken word performance, with songs by Kian Geiselbrechtinger performed by Karolina Jochim, and poetry by Iggy McGovern.
- 22 Sept, 7.30pm, Maureen O’Hara Studio, Mill Theatre, Dundrum
The Dublin Guitar Quartet playing Dave Flynn and Philip Glass.