Events This Week
Ita Beausang and Éibhlis Farrell give a talk on labelling ‘women composers’ as part of TCD’s Music Composition Centre’s Agora Series
- 2 Oct, 6.30pm, Katherine Brennan Hall, RIAM, Westland Row, Dublin 2
The October Kaleidoscope Night, in association with the Dublin Theatre Festival, present an evening of Russian music
- 2 Oct, 8.30pm, Odessa Club, Dublin
- 6 Oct, 12pm, Dublin City Gallery, Hugh Lane
Violinist/violist Emma Lloyd will perform Matthew Whiteside‘s work Ulations at Glasgow’s The Slow Club.
- 30 Sept, 9pm, The Slow Club, Bar Bloc, Glasgow
Finghin Collins, Duncan Honeybourne and Benjamin Russell perform a recital of works by Arnold Bax, Alys Fleischmann and Joan Trimble.
- 4 Oct, 8pm, Castalia Hall, Kilkenny
Following the Kilkenny Arts Festival performance, there will be a preview of Roger Doyle‘s opera The Death by Fire of Giordano Bruno
- 3 Oct, 8pm, Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray, Co. Wicklow
The premiere of Frank Corcoran‘s award-winning work Eight Haikus takes place in Manila, by the University of the Philippines Madrigal Singers.
- 5-6 Oct, 8pm, Great Hall, Manila University, Manila, The Philippines
An event at the Centre for Research in New Music at Huddersfield will include Fergal Dowling‘s tape piece Cloud Types for Auditors.
- 5 Oct, 2pm, Centre for Research in New Music, Huddersfield, England
Extracts from an interview with Roger Doyle and director Eric Fraad about their collaboration on the opera, ‘The Death by Fire of Giordano Bruno’.