Events This Week
- 8 Oct, 8pm, Nun’s Island Theatre, Galway
- 9 Oct, 7.30pm, Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin
- 10 Oct, 8pm, University of Ulster at Magee, Derry
- 16 Oct, 8pm, Solstice Arts Centre, Navan
Roger Doyle presents a lecture/recital on his new opera The Death by Fire of Giordano Bruno as part of TCD Music Composition Centre’s Agora Series.
- 8 Oct, 6.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
Ensemble Mise-en will perform Jane O’Leary‘s in a flurry of whispering at the Annual Concert of the International Alliance of Women in Music, alongside premieres by Yuko Ohara, Santa Bušs, Ming-Hsiu Yen and Lina Järnegard.
- 11 Oct, 8pm, University Settlement, New York
Elements, a collaboration between composer Matthew Whiteside and sculptor Andrew Cooke, will be performed in Lisburn.
- 12 Oct, R-Space Gallery, Lisburn
The Centre for Creative Practices, in association with the New York Foundation for the Arts will run a 3-day Profitable Artist: Artist as Entrepreneur bootcamp, for musicians and artists to examine the business side of their practice.
- 10–12 Oct, Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin
Clarinettist Sean Mac Erlaine and visual artist Donal Dineen present a concert of improvised music and visuals
- 11 Oct, 8pm, Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray, Wicklow
Matthew Whiteside’s Elements, using sounds from ceramic sculptor Andrew Cooke’s practice and from around the R-Space Gallery in Lisburn.
A preview of ConTempo Quartet’s National Tour, with interviews and performance extracts.