Events This Week
- 3 Dec, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
The ConTempo Quartet premiere John McLachlan‘s new string quartet as part of their series on Haydn, Father of the String Quartet and his 21st Century Irish Disciples.
- 3 Dec, 1.10pm, Galway City Library
The Fidelio Trio will perform Raymond Deane‘s Marche Oublieé at a lunchtime recital at St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra.
- 4 Dec, 1.15pm, St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra
John Wolf Brennan‘s Oscillating Orbits will be performed by Misa Stefanovic and the PAEB Percussion Art Ensemble Bern in Switzerland.
- 4 Dec, 7.30pm, Dapfzentrale, Bern, Switzerland
The Fidelio Trio also present their annual Composition Forum where they will workshop new pieces by Irish composers.
- 5 Dec, 10am, St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra
Don’t Walk, a mixed media performance based on a book of poems by Ciprian Macesaru, featuring music by Gráinne Mulvey and visuals by Mihai Cucu is performed at the Lab, Dublin.
- 5 Dec, 7pm, The Lab, Foley Street, Dublin 1
The Music Educators’ Orchestra, directed by Peter Moran, play new pieces written for them as part of a collaboration with the Irish Composers’ Collective.
- 5 Dec, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
The Sonic Arts Research Centre’s 60×60 event sees one-minute pieces by Irish and Northern Irish composers performed back-to-back, synchronised to an analog clock.
- 5 Dec, 1pm, Sonic Arts Research Centre, Queens University Belfast
Bernard Clarke’s Nova programme this week includes music by Sean MacErlaine and Limerick-based Jurgen Simpson.
- 8 Dec, 8pm, RTÉ lyric fm
- Listen here