Events This Week
- 17 Jan, 6 and 7pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
The RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra’s contemporary music Horizons series includes a programme by Rhona Clarke.
- 14 Jan, 1.05pm, National Concert Hall
Fractal Music Dublin present the third in their Synthesis audiovisual series, with pieces by Massimo Davi, Anna Murray, and the premiere of a new work by Derek Foott.
- 15 Jan, 6.30pm, Irish Film Institute, Temple Bar, Dublin
The Cork New Music Ensemble perform new works by a range of composers at the Cork School of Music
- 16 Jan, 8pm, Stack Theatre, Cork School of Music
Composer/performer Jennifer Walshe performs a concert of experimental music with her co-nominees for the Arts Foundation Award at London’s Southbank Centre.
- 14 Jan, 8pm, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre, London
- 17 Jan, 11am, The MAC, Belfast
JACK follow the workshops with a performance of Georg Friedrich Haas’ String Quartet 3 In iij Nocht in Belfast
- 18 Jan, 8pm, The MAC, Belfast
The third concert in Project Evolution, the Association of Irish Composers’ collaboration with the Irish Composers’ Collective, takes place at Hugh Lane.
- 19 Jan, 12pm, Dublin City Gallery, The Hugh Lane, Dublin
The second Screen Nights @12Rutland takes place, including a music film screening and live performance, organised by David Collier and Keith Fennell.
- 17 Jan, 9pm, 12 Rutland Place, Dublin
The Electric Guitar Orchestra joins The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock in an open rehearsal of a new large-scale collaborative work called Lockout, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the 1913 Dublin Lockout.
- 19 Jan, 2.30pm, The Factory, Barrow Street, Dublin
Anna Murray’s 2011 piece Autowork, part of the programme for Wednesday’s Synthesis event.
An interview with Rhona Clarke ahead of her Horizons concert.