Events this week
- 30 Jan, 6pm and 7pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
Ergodos present the premiere of a new work by Simon O’Connor, What is Living and What is Dead, performed by Michael McHale (piano), Paul G. Smyth (synths) and the composer (electronics)
- 30 Jan, 8pm, Pepper Canister Church
Cora Venus Lunny performs a programme of solo violin at Trinity College Dublin’s Music Composition Centre as part of their Agora series and the Association of Irish Composers’ Irish Canon series
- 29 Jan, 6.30pm, Boydell Room, House 5, Trinity College Dublin
The next concert in the RTÉ NSO Horizons series focuses on the work of Brian Irvine, and includes the premiere of his work for violin and orchestra Á mon seul désir, performed by soloist Darragh Morgan and the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra.
- 28 Jan, 1.05pm, National Concert Hall Dublin
The BBC Singers premiere Anne-Marie O’Farrell‘s Skimming Stones in London
- 28 Jan, 4pm, St Paul’s, Knightsbridge, London
Pianist Andrew Zolinsky performs a new work for piano, tape and live electronics by Karen Power
- 31 Jan, 1.10pm, Aula Maxima, UCC, Cork
An audio sampler of Simon O’Connor’s work ahead of the premiere of What is Living and What is Dead this week.