Events This Week:
The 2014 Pipeworks Festival opens this week, with a number of performances, recitals and masterclasses featuring new music
- 18 – 27 Jun, venues in Dublin, Maynooth, Dundalk and Belfast
Kate Ellis closes the second AIC Irish Canon concert series with a performance of music for cello and electronics by Irish composers
- 19 Jun, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
The Louth Contemporary Music Society presents Sounds in Space, an exploration of music by Alvin Lucier and Elaine Radigue.
- 20 Jun, 8pm, Dundalk Gaol, Dundalk
Alan Neave will perform David Fennessy‘s rosewood in a recital in Scotland.
- 19 Jun, 12.45pm, Merchant’s Hall, Glasgow
Birmingham Contemporary Music Group perform Gerald Barry‘s two-minute Aeneas and Dido at the Wigmore Hall
- 20 Jun, 7pm, Wigmore Hall, London
The City of Birmingham Symphony will also perform a work by Gerald Barry this week, his Piano Concerto, at the Aldebrugh Music festival
- 22 Jun, 8pm, Aldebrugh Music, Aldebrugh
A gala concert celebrating the work of Bill Whelan will include the premiere of a new work Linen and lace, as well as the Riverdance Symphonic Suite, Inishlacken and An Chistin.
- 20 Jun, 8pm, National Concert Hall, Dublin
- 21 Jun, 8pm, University Concert Hall, Limerick
The Urban Solar Audio Plant installation, featuring Fergal Dowling‘s multichannel audio work rise, is again in Berlin, at the Fete de la musique.
- 21 Jun, throughout the day, Fete de la musique, Berlin
Composer Elaine Agnew will lead a choral workshop with conductors and singers as part of the Bealtaine Festival.
- 21 Jun, 10am, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall, Dublin
A Dance Concerto, a community dance project with music by Irene Buckley, will be performed in Cork
- 19 Jun, 6.30pm, Millenium Hall, Cork City Hall
Meet the Composer: Adrian Hart
We profile some of the composers who have been accepted for CMC representation over the last year.
Adrian Hart graduated from the Masters in Music and Media Technology course at Trinity College Dublin in 2008. His works have been commissioned and performed throughout Ireland, the UK and Europe by Yurodny, Kate Ellis, Cora Venus Lunny, Dan Trueman, the Dublin Laptop Orchestra and Hezarfen ensemble.
His work Canone (2012) for solo violin and electronic delay was premiered by Resound at the Half Moon Theatre, Cork on 7 April 2012.
Kate Ellis will perform his work Sraith this week