The Irish Composers’ Collective present the second of their collaborations with the New Dublin Voices choir
- 12 Jul, 8pm, St. Anne’s Church, Dublin
Sir James Galway performs Bill Whelan‘s recent work Linen and Lace in the US
- 8 Jul, 8pm, Ravinia Festival, Highland Park, Chicago
The Fidelio Trio will play a work by Ronan Guilfoyle at a concert at St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra, where they are ensemble-in-residence
- 9 Jul, 7.30pm, St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin
Matthew Schellhorn continues his tour of performances of Ian Wilson‘s recent work Stations
- 10 Jul, 1.15pm, Ripon Cathedral, Yorkshire, UK
Swedish contemporary ensemble KROCK perform a concert in Dublin including Sean Clancy‘s Forty Minutes of Music on the Subject of Football.
- 11 Jul, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall, Dublin
Fiona Linnane, with soprano Sandra Oman, will perform her own work The Bay of Fundy in recital
- 12 Jul, 7pm, Castalia Hall, Callan, Co. Kilkenny
- 12 Jul, 1pm, Glucksman Gallery, Cork
The Irish Youth Choir will perform their Heavenly Bodies programme in Dublin
- 7 Jul, 8pm, Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin
Meet the Composer: Sam Barker
We profile some of the composers who have been accepted for CMC representation over the last year.
Sam Barker studied at CIT Cork School of Music, and achieved his MA in composition under C.S.L. Parker in 2011. His works have been performed nationwide by the Cork New Music Ensemble, Alex Petcu, the Diversus Guitar Ensemble and by himself as performer.
His work Sonnet # III (2011) for solo vibraphone was premiered by Alex Petcu in a Cork New Music Ensemble concert at CIT Cork School of Music on 21 May 2011 and received a second performance in the same venue on 16 January 2014.
Listen to this work on Cork New Music Ensemble’s SoundCloud page here: https://soundcloud.com/corknewmusicensemble/sam-barker-sonnet-iii