Events This Week
- 23 Jul, 8pm, Earagail Arts Festival, Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny, Donegal
- 25 Jul, 7.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall, Dublin
London-based experimental music collective Bastard Assignments presents an evening of experimental music, with music from Sebastian Adams, Tim Cape, Elis Czerniak, Edward Henderson, Paul McGuire and Barry O’Halpin.
- 25 Jul, 8pm, Block T, Dublin
- 24 Jul, 8pm, Grand Ballroom, Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney, Australia
Saxophonist Johan van der Linden will perform Ian Wilson‘s Una Santa Oscura – Fragment in Spain
- 26 Jul, 8pm, Gran Canaria, Spain
- 26 Jul, 5.15pm, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow, Scotland
- 27 Jul, 8pm, Dunblane Castle, Dunblane, Scotland
Listen at Lilliput features performances by percussionist Alex Petcu alongside improvisation by James O’Sullivan, readings by Francis Hyland, and songs by Sue Rynhart and Dan Bodwell.
- 27 Jul, 7.30pm, Lilliput Press, Stoneybatter, Dublin
Meet the Composer: Kerry Hagan
We profile some of the composers who have been accepted for CMC representation over the last year.
Kerry Hagan is a composer and researcher working in both acoustic and computer media. She develops real-time methods for spatialization and stochastic algorithms, and studies the aesthetics and history of electronic music. She holds a Ph.D. in Composition from the University of California, San Diego. Currently, she is a Lecturer at the University of Limerick in the Digital Media and Arts Research Centre.
Her work (bass) (2011) for double bass solo was premiered by Christopher Williams at the Irish Chamber Orchestra Studio, Limerick on 13 February 2013.
Listen to this and other works on the composers’s SoundCloud page.