Events This Week
The CMC Choral Catalogue for Mixed Voice Repertoire will be launched as part of the City of Derry International Choral Festival 2014.
- 22 Oct, 12pm, St. Columb’s Hall, Derry
Violinist Cora Venus Lunny performs two concerts this week as part of the AIC Irish Canon series, featuring a programme of music by Irish composers.
- 23 Oct, 1pm, Riverstown Hall, NUI Maynooth
- 24 Oct, 8.30pm, Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall
Eimear Coughlan (hrp), John Carroll (acc) and Rebecca McCarthy Kent (fiddle) will premiere two new works by Anne-Marie O’Farrell at a Graduation Ceremony
- 24 Oct, 3pm, Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
Another Anne-Marie O’Farrell work, for harp, mezzo-soprano and flute, will be performed at a chamber concert in Germany.
- 25 Oct, 7pm, Katherinkirche, Stuttgart, Germany
Ailís Ní Ríain launches a new curated concert series in Todmorden called Lucky Dog Music, the first concert of which will include a performance ovalf her work Mantic for percussion
- 25 Oct, 7.30pm, Central Methodist Church, Todmorden, UK
Trio Mediaeval and Garth Knox’s Saltarello perform a concert called Song of Songs, which includes two premieres, by David Lang and Betty Olivero
- 24 Oct, 8pm, St. Peter’s Church of Ireland, Drogheda
The Wexford Opera Festival takes place this weekend, with a programme that includes the European premiere of Kevin Puts’ Silent Night
- 22 Oct – 2 Nov, Wexford Opera House
The AIC have announced the six scores to be sent to the ISCM World Music Days festival 2015 in Slovenia.
New Music Dublin will present a two-day festival in March called What?…Wow
Ergodos have released a new CD of works by Judith Ring, titled What Was