Events This Week:
CMC’s next Salon takes place this week and features a new wind quintet by John Buckley performed by Cassiopeia Winds
- 29 Oct, 7pm, Royal Irish Academy of Music, Dublin
- 29 Oct, 8pm, Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray, Wicklow
Singer Michelle O’Rourke will open an exhibition with a concert curated by composers Benedict Schlepper-Connolly and Garrett Sholdice featuring new works alongside German, Irish bardic and operatic song called Seaven Teares.
- 29 Oct, 8pm, Solstice Arts Centre, Navan
Crash Ensemble will also perform their ‘Born in the 80s‘ programme, featuring young Irish composers, in Leitrim
- 31 Oct, 8pm, The Dock, Leitrim
I Burn for You, a new chamber opera by Ian Wilson inspired by Bram Stoker’s Dracula is performed in the UK
- 27–29 Oct, 8.30pm, Hoxton Hall, London
- 31 Oct, 8pm, The Sage, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Gerald Barry‘s Piano Concerto will be performed by the RTÉ NSO with soloist Hugh Tinney, while his work Five Chorales will be played by Thomas Ades (pf) and Gloria Cheng (pf) in San Francisco on the same day
- 30 Oct, 8pm, San Francisco, USA
- 30 Oct, 8pm, National Concert Hall, Dublin
A video about Ian Wilson’s Dracula-inspired I Burn For You from the Aldeburgh Festival where it was first premiered.